Monday 4 May 2009

Couples Treatments - What's the big deal?

I really don’t get what is the big deal with couple treatment rooms. Hoteliers and spa managers can’t wait to boast about how many couples treatment rooms they have, how big they are and all the special features (in room jacuzzi, saunas, steam rooms). Personally they don’t float my boat and I don’t find the sight of my husband in paper boxer shorts (or heavens above, a thong) particularly exciting or conducive to relaxation! In my opinion, the best spa treatments are enjoyed without conversations, I know some people like to catch up with a girlfriend over a shared spa treatment, I can’t think of anything less Zen like than chatting during my precious ‘me-time’ – surely that is what the sauna, steam and spa pools are for?

The Wellness Detective

No comments: