Monday 20 February 2012

Day 2 - Stella's Travel Diary - COMO Shambhala Estate

This place is so stylish, but in an understated way, it doesn't intimidate you into feeling not beautiful enough to be here.

Today I had my consultation with Eve,  the resident nutritionist and a very interesting lady, and planned out my programme. Eve is a top nutritionist with serious clinical experience and an impressive holistic approach to nutrition. She left LA at the top of her game to come here and is loving it! It shows through her excitement in helping me plan my activities and treatments. 


For this Spa Holiday I have chosen the rejuvenation programme which is a mixture of rejuvenating private yoga and treatments plus some extra activities that complement the programme. It seems to be a good fit with the resort's very peaceful and nurturing atmosphere.

I was vey naughty with Mr Photi on the other hand who didnt know that he was booked in on a fitness programme until he got here as he is seriously resisting the need for more self care as he moves through middle age. He had his first jungle gym session today and his nutrition consultation.  I was both proud and amused this morning as he ordered poached eggs instead of fried. Every small step is good.

The food is spectacular. I am dreaming about abducting their chef! My  bloated belly is flattening despite having a three course meal for lunch and dinner.

Highlight of the day for me was definitely the taksu massage - a local oil massage that incorporates Thai-style stretching manipulation. For Mr P, it was being able to get to the end of the jungle gym session and gaining a sense of achievement.

No comments: