Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day 4 - Stella's Travel Diary - COMO Shambhala Estate

Today was a jam packed day with so many different activities! 
It was an early start at 7.30 to take part in the 2 hour rice paddy field trek which is part of the regular activity schedule. I highly recommend this, not only because the trek is fun and interesting as you learn about local life through the brilliant estate guides, but also because you get to meet other guests staying here and can connect with them.

After a late breakfast I was driven to see the local healer and had to wait in line with other women in their 30s and 40s that had either read or seen Eat, Pray, Love. I felt like a bit of a cliché, but still went out of curiosity. I had mixed feelings about my session with the healer - but I can say that he wasn't a fraud. It's definitely worth the experience if you are quite spiritual.

We asked Widi, our assistant, if he could arrange a picnic lunch by the river followed by a treatment and even with only a couple of hours notice they pulled it off seamlessly!  Our lunch was served on a bale and we chilled out there and had a dip in the rock pools until we had our treatments at the riverside treatment areas; I'm not talking about a massage bed placed on the ground by the river, but full on treatment cabins with a bath, outdoor shower and toilet - all the creature comforts all tuned in with the natural surrounds -unbelievable! I was so blissed out by this that I felt seriously drowsy!  I thought about how I would feel if I was on my own and concluded that this whole place is a 'must do' experience, with or without your partner.

Highlight of the day for me - take a guess. Yes, the whole riverside afternoon. For Mr P, the rice paddy trek. He was fascinated with the engineering of the irrigation systems and loves to trek. We all have our passions!

No comments: